Recent and present activities
Currently involved in some research and development projects (see on the left and above) and in the following activities related to scientific conferences.
- Sii-Mobility: objectives are the: (i) reduction of social costs of mobility, (ii) simplify the use of mobility systems, (iii) developing working solutions and application, with testing methods, (iv) contribute to standardisation organs, and establishing relationships with other smart cities’ management systems. The Sii-Mobility platform will be capable to provide support for SME and Public Administrations. (Paolo Nesi, Scientific coordinator) cofounded by the italian Ministry on Education, Univeristy and Research, MIUR. DISIT lab is providing competence on knowledge modeling, data intelligence, social media, cloud computing, inference tools, mobile tools, etc. Sii-Mobility flyer
- Coll@bora: social innovation project in smart City aims to solve problems of management and protection of information needed to build effective and protected collaborations in the teams following the disabled. (Paolo Nesi, Scientific coordinator) collaborative and social systems at support hospitals, welfare and relatives with disabilities.cofounded by the italian Ministry on Education, Univeristy and Research, MIUR. DISIT lab is providing competence on knowledge modeling, data intelligence, social media, cloud computing, inference tools, mobile tools, etc.Coll@bora flyer
- RAISSS research and development project, large size: automatic train protection, driverless trains, ETCS standards, autonomous drivers for railways and control system in projects as, management of railways control software for train management on board and on the infrastructure, high speed trains (cofounded by Regione Toscana, with ECM).
- ICARO research and development project, large size, (Paolo Nesi, Scientific coordinator) cloud automation, optimization and intelligence. Ricerca nell’ambito dei sistemi distribuiti (algoritmi di gestione automatica, modelli di sviluppo del cloud middleware, strumenti semantic computing e intelligence per la generazione e verifica delle problematiche di configurazione e combinazione automatica di servizi), della ricerca operativa (ottimizzazione di modelli di costo e di gestione del cloud). (cofinanziato dalla Regione Toscana, con Computer Gross, LiberoLogico e AltroLavoro)
- SACVAR (regional felloship project for researchers): (Paolo Nesi, Scientific coordinator) adavanced solution for knowledge mining and discovering, big data analysis, competence analysis, data mining, knowledge management, natural language porocessing, matchmaking, discovering relationships (cofunding by Regione Toscana and UNIFI) download the DiCCoF flyer
- Trace-IT Train Control Enhancement via Information Technology (research and develoment project, Paolo Nesi, coordinator for DINFO) The TRACEIT project involves the intervention of DISIT in the phases of requirements analysis, specification modeling and validation of the ERTMS / ETCS and for use in traditional railways and light/metro solutions, even driverless. Aspects are part of the most important work DISIT, the development of autonomous driver known as ATO, Autonomous Train operator. TRACE-IT: automatic train protection, driverless trains, ETCS standards, autonomous drivers for railways and control system in projects as, management of railways control software for traing management on board and on the infrastructure, high speed trains (cofounded by Regione Toscana, with ECM) coordinato da ECM e in collaborazione con CNR Pisa.
- ECLAP (Paolo Nesi as general project coordinator): EUROPEAN COLLECTED LIBRARY OF ARTISTIC PERFORMANCE, European Commissione Project ICT PSP, focussed on the study, implementation and set up of a Best Practice Network on cultural heritage content on performing art. The project is also going to experiment a set of technologies regarding semantic indexing and management, automated content processing, mobile distribution, multilingual indexing, social networking, multichannel distribution, apple applications, non linear story telling and annotations, semantic processing, integration with Europeana.
- Mobile Emergency, (see web page at DISIT) an Apple App for iPhone. A tool to manage emergency in the hospital area. Developed in collaboration with the Maxi Emergency group on Mobile Medicine. The solution also implies the connection with a server to manage the emergencies and the help the people involved in getting the exit and the collecting centers according to model of interventions. Download the Mobile Emergency flyer
- INEA LAB, "Laboratorio per l'Ingegneria Elettroacustica". Joined lab industry-university.
- IUF.CSAVRI.org: Incubatore universitario Fiorentino, Portale educazionale dello IUF, service portal for new spin-off and groups in preincubation, startup.
- www.APRETOSCANA.org: portale per la promozione della progettazione europea in toscana. Tuscany cooperated organization for promoting European project access. ApreToscana is operated by all the major research and industry institutions in Tuscany, coordinated by UNIFI.
- OSIM Open Space Innovative Mind: project (OSIM Service) has as main objective the realization of a portal on which the industries, students and interested researchers can pose questions with the aim of identifying the competences in terms of researchers and groups in the large knowledge of the University of Florence. In the literature, there is a number of systems that have been proposed to solve the above described problem of helping modeling knowledge bases, may be matching the demand (semantic query) against the offer (knowledge about domain). The accessible version is part of a wider project called Open Space Innovative Mind, which has been partially founded by ECRF, Ente Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze. The OSIM project is presently under development. download the DiCCoF flyer
- MyStoryPlayer model and tools to operform and execute personal experiences as non-linear stories by following temporal and logical relationships formalized via semantic annotations. (DISIT page of MyStoryPlayer) In MyStoryPlayer, any media segment can be an annotation for another media element, the single media may be used as a basis to create an infinite number of media annotations. The user may navigate in the audiovisual annotations, thus creating its own non-linear experience. The solution has been studied and developed as a generalization of the models describing non-linear stories and navigation experiences, as one would appreaciate in navigatin on serials such as Lost, FlashForward, Odissey5, Doctor Who, etc. The solution may be adopted for modeling educational materials such as those that can be created for medical and theatrical environments. Also available on ECLAP. Download the MyStoryPlayer Flyer.
- Cross Media Learning Management System at MIUR.INNOVAZIONE SELEZIONATA DA ITALIA DEGLI INNOVATORI..to get more, it is currently in use on:
- Flyer of XLMS in PDF
- ECLAP portal and EC CIP PsP project ECLAP Best Practice Network and e-learning support.
- Idraulica.fupress.com, a portal for e-learning and distance learning in Idraulic Engineering.
- Mobile Medicine, see below, a portal for medical distance learning and social networking.
- MyStooryPlayer semantic audiovisual annotation tool.
- Mobile Medicine on MIUR..INNOVAZIONE SELEZIONATA DA ITALIA DEGLI INNOVATORI.to get more please see Mobile Medicine Social Network and iPad/iPhone and windows PDA tools
- Mobile Emergency at MIUR -..INNOVAZIONE SELEZIONATA DA ITALIA DEGLI INNOVATORI... to get more on Mobile Emergency, an Apple App for iPhone. A tool to manage emergency in the hospital area. Developed in collaboration with the Maxi Emergency group on Mobile Medicine. The solution also implies the connection with a server to manage the emergencies and the help the people involved in getting the exit and the collecting centers according to model of interventions. Download the Mobile Emergency flyer
- Content Processing Media Grid, AXCP on MIUR.INNOVAZIONE SELEZIONATA DA ITALIA DEGLI INNOVATORI.. to get more it is the core technology for semantic computing and media grid the so called AXCP Media Grid computing tools. It is going to appear on IEEE Multimedia in the 2011 and it has been developed starting from one of the results of AXMEDIS project .
More projects and solutions:
- MIREX 2009 competition: DISIT partecipated to MIREX competition for the 2009, about the polyphonic music transcoding algorithms and tools. Multiple Fundamental Frequency Estimation & Tracking Results. DISIT resulted to be the winner for the Tukey-Kramer HSD Multi-Comparison for Task2B (Piano). Conference 2009.
- Mobile Medicine Social Network: A multichannel best practice network for medical personnel, best practice network analysis for medical collectivities and activities, social network, definition and implementation of a best practice network and portal to support mobile content distribution on medical area; usage of intelligent content, automated production of medical content for pc and mobile, iPhone, formalization of medical procedures, production of miniapplications for dosage estimation and decision taking support, applications in the areas of: emergency, educational, crirtical conditions, etc. A help page and manual can be accessed via this link, also good to download free production tools. Mobile Medicine provides a lot of semantic computing innovative features: recommendations to users about similar users and content, perform fuzzy search on the whole knowledge base system, collect your content and automatically publish them on the network, provide an organizer for your content on your windows mobile PDA, etc.
- RIDIRE.it project (FIRB project, Italian Minister, Protocollo: RBNE075J8Z Strategic Program in Linguistics ) on Dynamic Italian Language Resources. Creation, deployment and maintenance of a web-based infrastructure aimed at consolidating the teaching of Italian worldwide. RIDIRE.it will gather and mantain huge amount of documents assembled through crawling techniques. It will be structured following the best practices of the day in corpus linguistics and will allow users to access the most representative use of the Italian language from both a practical and a cultural perspective. The resulting infrastructure will offer web access to language technologies that will allow the user easy access to Italian language use in all relevant domains.